Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

To the husbands and fathers, brothers, in-laws and friends, and in particular those men who though not the biodads, have stepped in to patiently raise and support children not even theirs! My sister and husband have invited us over for late lunch. This year it will just be DD and me, along with Mom and Dad.

In our family we celebrate my Dad and my great brother-in-law, who has been a wonderful step-Dad to my sister's twins, and even my brother who has been a father figure and confidant to and for my DD all her life. We choose to honor those men in our family who took over when the biodads utterly failed, and try to forget those who should done the right thing by their own children.

No comments:

Photobucket