Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Projects for 2013


As if I need any more WIP's and UFO's!

Started on New Year's Day. For my sister. Have intended to stitch it for ... mmmm ... 10 years, at least. Santa has wrapped himself in a US Flag. The blue star field is over the other shoulder. It's from a hardback Leisure Arts book I have, but the chart is in color, which makes an awful working copy and stitching from one of those books is a pain, so I recharted it into Pattern Maker for the duration. It occurred to me after I started stitching that if I stitched it on 32ct white evenweave, I could probably avoid stitching all that white.    16ct white aida. 66w  x 59h
LEARNING TO KNIT! My very first stitches, almost. The first 6 rows were so much more awful I pulled them apart and started over this morning. As you can see, I have a LOT to learn!  The Ministerial Student at church is offering lessons as part of a program she's calling "Knitting and Spirituality." I need her to figure out  what I did wrong on: the first row, and near the middle, and how I managed to already add 2 extra stitches. and what the heck I did wrong to end up with that extra loop at the end. And how to avoid same in the future. Next lesson: How to purl.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go, Linda. Your first attempt at knitting looks great!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Santa, too.

Mylene said...

A very good start on Santa! as well as your knitting.
Hope my mojo's continous too.

cucki said...

So sweet x

SoCal Debbie said...

Santa looks great! You've got so much done already. Good luck in your knitting! It's great to learn something new.

Birdie said...

Awesome starts.

Andrea said...

As someone who recently learned crochet, I am there with you in the learning process. You are doing great! Next on my list is to learn knitting.

Andrea

Photobucket