Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, February 13, 2012

New Freebie Bookmark

In Honor of my Mother and in Appreciation for over 20,000 Hits on my Blog

My Mother made hundreds of bookmarks for church bazaars, family reunions, and other occasions during her lifetime, often designing as she stitched along.  I've attached many to my bedroom walls (needless to say an eclectic assortment of photos, cross stitch, and original art) with a push pin rather than use for the purpose intended. This verse was particularly meaningful to her, as it is to me, and this holds place of honor on the wall right next to my bed.  Provided you include the copyright information, the chart is yours to share without restriction.


  • Stitched on white 14ct Aida, stitched area 92w x 18h 
  • Finished size of fabric (stitching plus necessary extra rows) apx 7' wide by 1-1/8" high
  • DMC colors used:  907 (light green), 905 (darker green), 725 (topaz) and 315 (deep mauve). Or chose your own.
  • 9" length of 1-3/8 grosgrain ribbon, burgundy or your choice
  • Lightweight fusible webbing just one row smaller than fabric
  • Center stitched piece with webbing on ribbon. Iron. Notch ends of ribbon.
  • Be sure to add a French knot above the "i" in "with." Just realized I missed it.

No comments:

Photobucket