Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Thanks, Appreciation and Gratitude for

Each and every person who is serving or has served in the United States military, and for those far too many who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
   
*******************************************
MY HONOR ROLL
  
My Father, Jim - WWII
My Brother-In-Law, Brett - Vietnam
My Son-in-Law, Dan - Post Vietnam & Middle East - Career Military (Retired)
My Best Friend's Father - WWII, Korea and beyond - Career Military (Deceased)
My Uncle, "Tex" - between WWII and Korea (Deceased)
My Son-in-Law's Father - WWII and beyond - Career Military (Deceased)
My Sister-in-Law's Husband - currently serving
My Aunt, Louise Maw  - in the first training class for Occupational Therapists near the end of WWII and 
later in charge of the OT Program at the VA Hospital in Waco (Deceased)
My Cousins and Other Relatives - WWI, WWII, Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam and Beyond
(Living & Deceased)
My very long time ago former Brother-in-Law, Lt. Col. Sam Brooks - Vietnam and beyond
Career Military (Retired)
My High School and College Classmates - Vietnam and beyond 
(some Killed in Action far too young, some Career Military)
And so many others I have known or met whose service is certain and my appreciation great.
 
This Memorial Day, may we always remember all women and men who have ever served and sacrificed.
 
Linda

** For my many free Patriotic Charts: click on Patriotic under "Lables"

No comments:

Photobucket